Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight of these things...

Default Weight of these things...

Just wondering what you guys usually see on the scales with your miatas. I know all the generation come in at different weights, but just wanted to see where you all were at. Thanks.

2,097 lbs with little gas and no driver on 7/12/09. I plan to drop another 40-50 lbs in the off-season. Good luck getting the Honda there. You might try removing the torque-converter to save some weight.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    2,097 lbs with little gas and no driver on 7/12/09. I plan to drop another 40-50 lbs in the off-season. Good luck getting the Honda there. You might try removing the torque-converter to save some weight.
    Well as she sits right now with a full tank I'm at 2399. Getting ready to remove all sound deadening material over winter and maybe some cf parts to try and lighten it up a bit. Then I'll move onto the windows. I'm gonna get down there one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by BenRomans04 View Post
    Well as she sits right now with a full tank I'm at 2399. Getting ready to remove all sound deadening material over winter and maybe some cf parts to try and lighten it up a bit. Then I'll move onto the windows. I'm gonna get down there one way or another.
    I still fail to understand why you are doing this to a car with an automatic. Stop what you are doing, buy another Civic of the same color and year with an manual tranny, swap the performance parts between the two, and sell the Civic with the auto tranny. You will never be taken seriously trying to track a Civic with an auto tranny. Seriously.

I still fail to understand why you are doing this to a car with an automatic. Stop what you are doing, buy another Civic of the same color and year with an manual tranny, swap the performance parts between the two, and sell the Civic with the auto tranny. You will never be taken seriously trying to track a Civic with an auto tranny. Seriously.
    All thats left for a swap over is pedals and cables. I have the transmission, box, clutch etc. etc. all at home in the garage. Just gotta get up the time and balls to do it. Also have a second engine thats the "A2" version of mine and developes an extra 15 hp as well. Might do it all at the same time.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Stop what you are doing. Seriously.
    Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Nuff said.
    In all honesty the honda did just fine this season. At the last s2000 event where I was grouped with 15 miata's I ended in 7th, so I'm not too diassapointed. I put down less or the same power as them, in a heavier car with an auto transmission? Must be doing something right?
    Last edited by BenRomans04; 12-03-2009 at 09:17 AM.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

In all honesty the honda did just fine this season.
    As long as you're happy. Isn't there an auto Honda forum somewhere where your auto Honda questions would be better answered by other auto Honda owners?

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    As long as you're happy. Isn't there an auto Honda forum somewhere where your auto Honda questions would be better answered by other auto Honda owners?
    I thought miata owners were like Bug owners and always happy and friendly. BTW incase reading is too much for you, I didn't post any questions about my car. Just asking what the miata's come in at. I want to try and get my car down around that range. But thanks for the great advice and imput +1 to you sir!

My NC is 2622 with full tank of gas and me sitting in it. I'm about 190 with clothes and helmet. So about 2432 curb weight. Still heavier than your Honda.

Ben, what is your overall goal for the car? Do you want to autocross it? Time trial it? Both? Neither? What class are you shooting for? Or are you just looking for a hole to throw money into?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Or are you just looking for a hole to throw money into?
    Wasn't that what got Tiger in trouble?
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

My M3 is FAT. I am old and slow. But it has a stick. My 335i is an auto so I am a loser.
    M3 is always the answer.

I'm gonna get down there one way or another.
    Or just buy a Miata. Mine still has AC, cruise, sound deadening (at least what came with it), and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    My M3 is FAT. I am old and slow. But it has a stick. My 335i is an auto so I am a loser.
    Your sig says it all.

What's your plans for the car?

If you are going to daily drive it I would leave the sound deadening and glass windows. Makes for a much better daily driver (why honda put them in). Both put you in prepared autocross class I think if you care about that cf body parts only move you up to street mod I think.

But it's your car do whatever makes you happy.
    Last edited by Robert; 12-03-2009 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    But it's your car do whatever makes you happy.
    No, conform to our demands!

What happened to the Corvette?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

My old STS2 Miata tripped the scales at 1978 in ready-to-race condition with two gallons of gas in it.

My new build, a flyweight XP Miata using a 1.8 engine and '90 tub looks like it will come in around 1625 lbs and require around 200 lbs of ballast to meet it's required minimum weight.

My bike comes in around 19 lb. Water bottles add a couple more, I guess.

I have never weighed the truck, but I figure it is in BR territory. 6K more or less?
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast