Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Dyno Day January 16, 2010 @ ATS Racing!

Quote Originally Posted by ATSAaron View Post
    It was revving to nearly 8500rpm! I forgot the horsepower though.

You guys missed the one that surprising me the most: The red Nissan Sentra put 191hp to the wheels normally aspirated.

Aaron
    Actually, Aaron it was 193.3 at 8500 rpm (somewhat dissapponted now I was hoping for 200+) for the Sentra. Hey I appreciate the dyno day you all hosted. You, your brother, and staff are really good people.

It turns out a cam cap was loose...so my motor lives.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    It turns out a cam cap was loose...so my motor lives.
    May I reccomend a V-band for it LOL.

Seriously, the way your car looked at Hallet, I was expecting around 300hp....or more.

Quote Originally Posted by SixAce View Post
    May I reccomend a V-band for it LOL.

Seriously, the way your car looked at Hallet, I was expecting around 300hp....or more.
    I know. I have it on only 11psi which puts me under prime on the compressor map, and 6* behind MBT so I'm leaving lots on the table but won't have to worry about detonation.

For the comparison to efficiency #'s, on the old BEGi parts I made 235whp at 13psi, 262whp at 15psi. I bet I could bump it up 2psi and see a massive gain.

#'s aside, this car still feels like it moves and its grossly faster than my buddy's 220whp Greddy car. I don't understand, but its fast enough. I have a 16psi spring in the garage if I ever feel compelled though.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by ruf75 View Post
    Actually, Aaron it was 193.3 at 8500 rpm (somewhat dissapponted now I was hoping for 200+) for the Sentra. Hey I appreciate the dyno day you all hosted. You, your brother, and staff are really good people.
    SR20VE motor?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Yes indeed it is an SR20VE!! It's a blast at ECR, alot of guys are surprised how quick it gets around. Nice list of cars I see you have, what's sad is your oldest (year) car still beats my newest (year) car that I own. Do you ever run at ECR or MSR?

i thought this was different..something u dont see every day..
    props to my buddy for being differnet

Very creative. Some bamboo floor mats and beaded seat covers would complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1.8-M View Post
    a guys wat was the old skool rx7 running rpms/hp? i forgot
    i believe it was still pulling around 7200rmps if im not mistaken
    172 @8.5k

There is more to be had but the motor has to be pulled. I was rushed to get it done by circumstances outside of my controll and the housing didn't get ported, just the irons, so the exhaust ports are still stock. I'm considering tearing it down but then again I've got a 12A BP in the works soooooooo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77SGOjGYHJo

Thanks to Aaron for hosting the event, next time I wanna bring the miata.
    85 Rx-7 GSL-destroyed by a Durango
    04 MSM-mostly stock
    85 Rx-7 GSL(SE'd)-High compression half-bridged 13B, 650 holley. Now with MORE BRIDGEPORT.
    1979 Spark Yellow SA Rx7 - Restoring to it's former glory 1/36th of a paycheck at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by ruf75 View Post
    There isn't a video of yours floating around is there? I'd like to hear that thing again. :icon_tup:
    85 Rx-7 GSL-destroyed by a Durango
    04 MSM-mostly stock
    85 Rx-7 GSL(SE'd)-High compression half-bridged 13B, 650 holley. Now with MORE BRIDGEPORT.
    1979 Spark Yellow SA Rx7 - Restoring to it's former glory 1/36th of a paycheck at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by duffman692002 View Post
    There isn't a video of yours floating around is there? I'd like to hear that thing again. :icon_tup:

Nope sorry I forgot to bring my camera. I was in a rush to get up there not to miss dyno'ing the car. I wish someone had video of my car too!

I think I have all the refunds processed for those that were unable to make it. If you still haven't received an refund please contact me at [email protected] Thanks again guys. We really enjoyed it.

Aaron

As to the Tiki car, there are tons more really cool things he has in store for that car. It will be the coolest Hawaii inspired surf Miata. Next is the floor mats, Josh doesn't have an account here so I had to show him earlier today.
    1991 Mariner
    2003 Tahoe
    2004 Hayabusa
    1989 YSR50
    1997 SC300

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789