Thread: Eastside fun-run to Propwash Party May 22nd!

Default Eastside fun-run to Propwash Party May 22nd!

I drove the route today in reverse after stopping by to see the autoxers at TMS this afternoon. On one of the two County Roads, there are two short spots of gravel, (tens of feet long) and one spot of broken pavement, that we'll need to slow down for, but the rest is paved and clear. I was right at the time estimate of 2:15. It's 115 miles and I had a few brief stops to check my directions since it was kind of confusing in reverse.

My impressions: Very, very scenic on the west side and twistier on the east. Annah to Celina is the funnest stretch which makes it hard to delete from the route. Overall, it's a great run but long; we pass through four counties. We'll definitely want two stops, not only to stretch legs, but to gas up for the thirstier forced induction guys.

Maybe someone could plan and lead a westside route and we could converge on Propwash at the same time. Would be very cool to see a bunch of Miatas pull in at once. The big Texas Toy Run is the largest xmas biker toy run in the nation and has three parades (Dallas, Ft. Worth, Grapevine) converge in Arlington.

Anyway, if you want to do this let me know here. If you want to join up enroute I'll swap phone numbers and give ETAs along the way.

I'm up for it. What time were you thinking of starting?

There's much shorter routes available, but they're nowhere near as scenic or fun.
    "The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value.
    Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I’m giving it five stars is because I can’t give it 14." - Jeremy Clarkson

'04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 #1682, Velocity Red born 3/17/2004 Habanero
    Hard Dog HCHTDD, 15x8 Silver 6UL, 225/45 Hankook RS3, Tein Flex, More coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    I drove the route today in reverse...
    Wow, how long did that take?

Left Propwash at 4pm and got to 455/75 in Annah by 6:15pm. Not sure yet what time we should start.

Blog Entries

Was on part of the route Saturday with the wife. Saw a dark (black?) miata going the other way. coincidence or someone running the reverse-route?

By the way, what I gave the guy was the TWO-finger salute, not the ONE-finger salute, in case there was any confusion. I couldn't be bothered to lift my hand off the steering wheel.

Regards.

I'm a definite maybe. Nails, shoot me a PM when you get a departure time/place nailed down...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

If my car moves under it's own power by then, we're actually in for the entire thing. But right now it's looking like all Saturday will be spent in the garage, so no event of any sort

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Maybe someone could plan and lead a westside route and we could converge on Propwash at the same time.
    At what time were you estimating for convergence?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStig View Post
    At what time were you estimating for convergence?
    I think arrival at Propwash would be no later than five pm. Depends on what Rogue has planned and when Billy plays since he's likely the first act. I figure three hours prior to arrival for the east side to start in McKinney, probably Black Roadster's house or near there.

Anyone have a preferred start time for this? In case of scheduling conflicts?

Or does anyone want a shorter route? We can bypass Decatur to shorten it a bit if that's the consensus.

I would love to join you, but I will have the wife with kid following behind, and I am not confident the kid would survive a long drive. Think we will take a more direct route.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I would love to join you, but I will have the wife with kid following behind, and I am not confident they would survive. Think we will take a more direct route.
    Fixed.

Route has been changed. We are taking a more direct route now. Group 1 will meet at Carazzies in Allen, 504 White Oak St. at 4pm gassed and ready to go. We'll leave by 4:15 and meet with group 2 in Lewisville, 1000 Valley Ridge Blvd, at 5pm. We'll then leave there 5:30 at the latest for a half hour drive to Propwash. Total drive time is about an hour and 20 minutes from Allen to Propwash. Anyone wanting to join us can meet up at either location. My phone # is too won for nine nine for nine nine six oh. <-spelled funny to avoid bots.

We are going to try and meet ya'll in Lewisville.

I thank you for inviting me to this event. I had a really great time and look forward to the next time that Prop Wash kicks off. The number of cars that showed up was staggering. It was nice to put some faces to some of the names on here. Hopefully we can meet again at some AutoCross or Track events between now and the next Prop Wash.
    2006 Limited Edition, Ohlin's DFV, Cosworth, Full RS exhaust w/ Q muffler, RP-F1 w/ Direzza Z1 Star Spec 255/40ZR17, Goodwin double hoop roll bar w/ removable rear brace, Mazdaspeed Front bumper cover, AEM AFR, AEM water/methanol injection, (Cosworth built 2.0L w/ all forged internals and head and cams on its way). Permagrin fully intact.

Glad you could make it Sandor! Glad we had such a big turnout for the run too. But next time, I'm taking the long way.