Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ceramic coating a header

Default Ceramic coating a header

I bought the header from the 1.6 that Ataim and Speedracer pulled out last week, and I am thinking about freshening it up with a new ceramic coating. Would it be worth it? I don't want a TCB deal to loose its CB appeal. If I do it, does anyone have any idea where I should go for this, what it would cost me, and what type of prep work I should do in advance? It is pictured below.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Kags1969 has a place that did his headers... perhaps he'll post as soon as he gets back from Austin.

They look really good too...
    I had forgotten about that...I just dug up the pics that he posted and they do look great! Thanks!

Chris.... Details???

One place was posted in this thread

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92
    The place I got mine ceramic coated was at a performance shop in Downtown FW, by the Porsche Land Rover dealer. They do alot of engine/ SM stuff. Was about 75 bucks to ceramic coat it. http://www.automotivemachine.com/

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Kags1969 has a place that did his headers... perhaps he'll post as soon as he gets back from Austin.

They look really good too...
    I had forgotten about that...I just dug up the pics that he posted and they do look great! Thanks!

Chris.... Details???
    IIRC it was a place in Ft. Worth off of Highway 121. Can't remember the name though!

It was automotive machine that did the ceramic coating on my turbo parts and an idividual in dallas that did my mustang headers.

The individual probably couldn't do something that large, but I know automotive machine could.

Additionally there is Performance Coating in Arlington that has a good reputation.

There is another guy, and I am having my valve cover powder coated this weekend, and I think that he might be able to do ceramic coating as well. I will check with him when I pick up the valve cover.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Kags1969
    There is another guy, and I am having my valve cover powder coated this weekend, and I think that he might be able to do ceramic coating as well. I will check with him when I pick up the valve cover.

Chris
    Thanks!

Won’t the ceramic coating will also help keep under hood temperatures down? Since Titus is adding a supercharger wouldn’t a coated header help control some of the heat??

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Won’t the ceramic coating will also help keep under hood temperatures down? Since Titus is adding a supercharger wouldn’t a coated header help control some of the heat??
    Yes.

Yes.
    Looks like it could help quite a bit!

http://www.jet-hot.com

Yes.
    Looks like it helps quite a bit!

http://www.jet-hot.com
    I told ya so!

Heat reduction is great with ceramic coating. I ordered the Hooker headers I had on my 65 Mustang CP car, and paid the extra bucks for ceramic, about a hundred or so difference. I could come off a 60 second run and place my hand on the headers without getting burned...great stuff...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Picked up the header last night from the ceramic coater... looks good, I will try to get a picture of it tonight. Next stop, TownNorth Mazda after work for a new gasket.

Picked up the header last night from the ceramic coater... looks good, I will try to get a picture of it tonight. Next stop, TownNorth Mazda after work for a new gasket.
    Cool any Pics of my old header? If you need I can "host" them for you.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

I didn't take any before pics.... just have the one above from when you guys took it out. I will be taking some after pics tonight. I might also take pics of the supercharger parts lying around if anyone is interested.

PICS

I didn't take any before pics.... just have the one above from when you guys took it out. I will be taking some after pics tonight. I might also take pics of the supercharger parts lying around if anyone is interested.
    Pictures, I want to see Pictures
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim
    You'll get your pictures... ya just gotta be patient!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim
    You'll get your pictures... ya just gotta be patient!
    Where's the farkin' pictures!

ya just gotta be patient!
    Patient, I aint in no hospital :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast