Thread: WTB: Scca legal roll bar

Default WTB: Scca legal roll bar

I am looking to purchase a used or new Scca legal roll bar for my 1999 NB. I have a soft top with glass, so i don't know how much that comes into play with fitment.

I will likely be taking the car to local tracks and want something that is scca compliant.
    pm me or post up pics and price.
    Thank you

How tall are you? What seat do you have?
    M3 is always the answer.

Call William or Gary at Track Dog Racing in Dallas they should be able to help ya - Link -> http://www.trackdogracing.com/

I am 5'9" and currently using the factory seat. I do plan to get a different seat, but have not started searching for it yet.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Another thing to think about is if you will eventually get a hardtop. The hardtop bar is a little shorter and sits farther back in the car, to clear the top and the side latches.

With an M2 roll bar, you should not have any trouble with your glass rear window.

Gary is the best bet for a new bar, and might be able find you a previously owned bar. IMHO, It would be best if you didn't get a "used" roll bar.

As for your height, how tall are you when you sit down? I am 5'9" tall standing, but am long waisted. So, I sit more like someone 6'2" tall.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

I am all legs! I sit really short.

Sounds like you're about to do some track events:

Just an FYI, I'm about to start parting my car out.

Hard Dog Hard Core Hard Top M2 Double Diagonal. Bar is about 3 months old.
    Also have 2 Ultrashield Rally sports
    2 Ultrashield harnesses
    Hard Dog bolt in harness bar
    Tein Mono Flex
    RB sway bar with brace

I'm going to put up a for sale thread, but just letting you know.

Driver

Interested in the rollbar and harness bar :)

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    Interested in the rollbar and harness bar :)
    Did you read the title of my thread before you made your post? c'mon Goofygrin, show some class.

Driver

I've got all the class I need thanks. Considering I had this same post a few months ago... as did a variety of other people, don't think of yourself as a snowflake...

You don't have to have a "hard core" bar for track days at MSR do you? My '91 has a hard core bar but the '99 has a sport bar... That's good enough for the track assuming it meets the height requirement right?
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

I called the SCCA to get clarification on SCCA approved roll bars.

The first thing they said was the SCCA does not "approve" any roll bar but does have recommended guidelines. So technically speaking there is no SCCA approved roll bars. That being said, if you read the current SCCA rule book in Appendix C on pages 232-234, the Hard Dog Sport meets all the guidelines for construction. Also, Solo I is no longer around according to the guy I spoke with so it seems "Solo I approved roll bar" has even less significance. As for the broom stick test, I personally have never seen or heard of an event that performed one.

You might want to call "a local vendor" who is allegedly offering a sale on Hard Dog roll bars for the month of September or so I've heard.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    I called the SCCA to get clarification on SCCA approved roll bars.

The first thing they said was the SCCA does not "approve" any roll bar but does have recommended guidelines. So technically speaking there is no SCCA approved roll bars. That being said, if you read the current SCCA rule book in Appendix C on pages 232-234, the Hard Dog Sport meets all the guidelines for construction. Also, Solo I is no longer around according to the guy I spoke with so it seems "Solo I approved roll bar" has even less significance. As for the broom stick test, I personally have never seen or heard of an event that performed one.

You might want to call "a local vendor" who is allegedly offering a sale on Hard Dog roll bars for the month of September or so I've heard.

I would definately give "a local vendor" a call if someone might be so kind as to point out where i can get their phone number.

Call William or Gary at Track Dog Racing in Dallas they should be able to help ya - Link -> http://www.trackdogracing.com/

Track Dog Racing
    11414 Chairman Drive
    Dallas, TX 75243

Phone: 214-340-9797

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Try these guys.

http://www.trackdogracing.com/website/contact.htm

Edit: I'm even slow off the track.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Looks like Track Dog offers all sorts or Roll Bars!!! -> http://www.trackdogracing.com/website/rollbars.htm

Got mine from Gary at Track Dog. Greeeat customer service. Went above and beyond by far. A+++++++

Well i bought a beautiful hard dog setup thanks to Dainbramage. He is a great seller and is sure to please those interested in purchasing his items. He even transported the roll bar from tyler to fort worth at no extra cost to me...Wow! Thanks so much!