Thread: License plate bracket

Default License plate bracket

How do I post a pic on here so I can show you guys what I've got?
    '91 Silverstone Greddy,Centerforce,Link,Tokico,GC,Momo,Signal,

Stiffy Chassis Systems " My Miata is sporting a Stiffy"

host it on cardomain, then click the picture to open it, then right click on it, go to properties, copy the link(should end in jpg) and paste it here with [img]your picture link here.jpg[/img]
    or click the "img" button before you paste and right after.

edit...
    pics...

03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

or e-mail the pic to pics at dfwmiata.com... Automated solution coming real soon now.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Okay here are a couple of pics of the bracket as it is right now. The one in the picture has been painted, but the final brackets will be powder coated for durability. The mounting hardware for the plate to attach to the bracket are all stainless so they will last without turning to crap. I haven't had the chance to mount one on a car with the tow hook still in place as my cars hook is missing on that side, but I will try one out over the weekend. Shouldn't be a problem though as it attaches in a different location than the tow hook.

Photos

Hopefully the pics come out okay. I will post more info as soon as I hear from the powder coater.

Fixed your links!

Why does the bracket step down? It covers the brake duct in the OEM spoiler.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

That is why I posted the pics so I could get feedback from you guys. I appreciate the info from everyone so that I can produce something that everyone will want and be completely happy with. I will make a change to that to make sure that clears with no interference to the bumper cover itself. Thank you guys for any and all of your views.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by trackfiend
    That is why I posted the pics so I could get feedback from you guys. I appreciate the info from everyone so that I can produce something that everyone will want and be completely happy with. I will make a change to that to make sure that clears with no interference to the bumper cover itself. Thank you guys for any and all of your views.

Chris
    Cool. The ideal position for me would be so it covers the bumper but clears the mouth (foglights) and airduct as stated.

I'll likely bend the bracket and plate to curve around the bumper too so it doesn't hang out.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Very Nice! TDR's intrigues me cuz' it's on the passenger side, and I have more room over there.

Will like to see the finished product fer sure. Good job!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Actually the way that I'am making these would still allow me to make one for either side of the front end. Which side would everyone prefer to have the plate on? I will try to post pics of the new bracket with the before mentioned changes as well as one for the right side as soon as possible.