Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 SW Divisional Series #3, at TX A&M Riverside Annex, July 16-17, 2011

Default 2011 SW Divisional Series #3, at TX A&M Riverside Annex, July 16-17, 2011

The third 2011 Div is now on Axware. This is a great site and the previous Div courses there have been some of my favs. Don't miss it.

It is the Houston SCCA region that is hosting the event, but the event will be held at the Texas A&M Riverside Annex in College Station. The Houston guys usually put on a good event.

More info here:

https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/cale...curyearindex=5

Is the Divisional Series this year best 2 out of 3? I can't make San Antonio, but I'd like to make this one.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yes, best 2 out of 3.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

From Todd Farris, SOWDIV Divisional Steward:

SW Div #3 will be July 16-17 at the Annex in Bryan, TX. Houston Region SCCA w/Texas A&M Sports Car Club will be hosting this event with Roger "the real" Johnson as course designer, Zach Barnes(former Spokes guy) hospitality and a whole lot of good times to be had by all!!!!!

Remember, the Welcome Party is graciously sponsored by
    Vorshlag Motorsports, so get there early!

For all of you ROOKIES on the fence, Dan Pedroza, owner
    Eagle Transmission of Pflugerville
    , is challenging anyone that has never entered a div to come and check it out with a discount of $15 off of their entry and will award the "Eagle Transmission Solo Flyer" trophy to the top pax finishing divisional rookie!

C'mon, Stab the Gas and Haul Some Ass!!

You know where to enter:

https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/calendar_main.php?viewevent=1264&selectclubid=8&cu rmonthindex=6&curyearindex=5

Thanks for supporting your Division and remember your sponsors!!

The Southwest Division would like to thank Vorshlag Motorsports, Eagle Transmission of Pflugerville, Axware Systems, Simpson, Hoosier, AST Suspension, Tirerack and the SCCA for their support of the 2011 SCCA Southwest Division Solo Championship Series

Todd Farris
    SW Div Solo Steward
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Driver

I guess since I'm a rookie I could try it since I've never raced a div before..

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsrturbo View Post
    I guess since I'm a rookie I could try it since I've never raced a div before..
    You'll love it. Great venue and one of the best course designers there is. Prepare for the days events as you would a day at Mineral Wells, but they will have a large tent out there. We need to get Todd to bring in that portable AC unit, again.

bigrsrturbo - definitely go to this one, it is an amazing site and they always have very cool courses there. Its close enough to drive down saturday morning if you're an early riser (gotta leave Dallas by 4), but JJ and I have driven down and back on the same day for their local events and always had a great time. Since the Div is 2 days, you'll want to get a hotel (or a local friend), but it makes for a good weekend.

If you're gonna do you're first Divisional, this is a great choice.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

So... no TnT??
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    So... no TnT??
    Limitations with access to the site make it hard to even have a Friday evening course walk, so a TnT is probably not going to happen.

Driver

Awesome...I'll make plans..thanks mike and jerrett..

I'm in! There's a chance Matt might make a surprise appearance on Sunday. I know, pretty exciting, right?

C'mon Texas Region folks, let's represent! Get registered!
    Mark Wortham
    SS #197 - 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Anyone looking for a codriver? See my post in the welcome forum for my autocross resume

I'm out. Too much other stuff going on in July.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Don't forget that the late fee startes on 7/6, so sign up early and sign up often!

Something else must be going on in College Station several hotels are now "Unavailable" for the 15th - 17th.....
    Last edited by POS Racing; 07-02-2011 at 05:14 PM.

I'd love to make it. Just not in the cards this year
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

not going this year after all the crap at last year's event
    2009 MX-5 STR and track toy
    2003 Z06 -- Not a Miata, but 3200# and 400 RWHP is fun
    OTM -- 2012 Sierra, 2016 Impala (Appliances)

I'll be there, but miht not be staying in CS, based on hotel availability.
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Something else must be going on in College Station several hotels are now "Unavailable" for the 15th - 17th.....
    Just got a room at the Hampton for both nights; Holiday Inn Express still had rooms for both nights too. Looks like at some of the other hotels, like the race central hotel, that Friday is booked up but there are rooms available for Saturday.
    Su B.
    SSP - #117
    08 997.1 Turbo

Not sure if the late fee kicks in tonight at midnight or tomorrow night at midnight, so you might want to register tonight.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast