Thread: My winter project... hopefully THIS winter...

Default My winter project... hopefully THIS winter...

So... I started on a path a couple of years ago. I swapped (well, Wags and I swapped... well, mostly Wags) my old '94 head for a freshened '99 head and intake. Then Wags invited me like a hyena to scavenge parts off of his old track car, so I gained a header, an intake pipe, a clutch, and a MegaSquirt ECU (many thanks to Wags AND Trey for all of that). Recently (and now I'm starting to think that Wags is my crack dealer), I acquired a square-top intake manifold. This past week, I added a TDR silicone intake and a header blanket to keep things cool. Finally, after about 4 Miller Lites at Keller's on Wednesday night, I bought a 2001 short block with REALLY low miles from Modernbeat. I guess you could say my plan is almost complete. The 949 Racing website is now sitting there taunting me with a BP5A intake cam in my shopping cart, and then I need to grab a few gaskets from Town North. I've already been to the Trackspeed Engineering website and looked at the COPS kit. I've also been considering a 6-speed swap at some point, but that may be down the road. Basically, with a little bird-dogging, I should end up with a 949 rental car engine build. Not as fancy as a VVT swap, but it's kind of what I've been thinking of for a while now. It's Fun Time now...

However, if I win the goddamn lottery or something, I might have to talk to Gary about one of them fancy Rotrex blowers...
    Last edited by trickyrix; 09-08-2013 at 02:00 AM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Blog Entries

With all those extras, Rick, what type of hp/tq would you expect to pull down?

Regards,
    Piff

I'm guessing 160 whp.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds