Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Else Work in Downtown Dallas?

Default Anybody Else Work in Downtown Dallas?

Titus and I got together for lunch last week, and had a good time (even if I did spend most of it picking his brain about Miata stuff). If anybody else works in downtown Dallas, I'd like to invite you to join us the next time. Any takers? :afro:

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel

Titus and I got together for lunch last week, and had a good time (even if I did spend most of it picking his brain about Miata stuff). If anybody else works in downtown Dallas, I'd like to invite you to join us the next time. Any takers? :afro:

S.
    Unfortunatley I work in downtown, actually closer to Uptown. I'm at Woodall Rodgers & St. Paul...just off McKinney Ave. Always looking for something to do.

Well, the first gathering of the MME Downtowners took place at the corner of Field and Main... mostly because it was walking distance for both of us.

Surely we can find a place that's relatively convenient for all. I don't mind a bit of a walk, but I've only been working in downtown a short while, so I don't know what's equidistant from the three of us. :monkey:

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    Surely we can find a place that's relatively convenient for all. I don't mind a bit of a walk, but I've only been working in downtown a short while, so I don't know what's equidistant from the three of us. :monkey:

S.
    Joe's profile says he is an Architect... perhaps he can triangulate it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Joe's profile says he is an Architect... perhaps he can triangulate it for us.
    'eqwi-distant......tryangulate'??? I have a GPS. Does that help?
    Let me know, I'll be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I work a stones throw away from downtown... hmmm....
    Are you even awake by our lunch time?

Are you even awake by our lunch time?
    I'm awake now, aren't I?

Hold on... I had to make sure I really was awake.

Yes... I'm awake. Where's lunch?

Well last Friday we met up at the greek place on the corner of Main and N Field. I wouldn't mind that being a regular place, but I can't speak for Matt. As for Joe, I havn't gotten around to look on a map and see where he is in relation to us.

Are you looking for more walking distance or short drive? I know a nice Turkish place not that far from downtown.
    I can't speak for others, but I have monthly parking in my building, so I am cool with a short drive. I know a lot of people downtown take the train or bus, and the TCB drivers park several blocks away to get a better deal. If we have any of those, driving somewhere would be difficult.

Arrow downtown

I work in downtown, by Plaza Americas which is an underground mall on Bryan st. and Pearl st... right under Pearl Station for our Dart comuters. Might be a good place to have lunch, it's got an ice skating ring and a couple of places to chose from for lunch... McDonalds, some asian place, ziggy's burgers, some chicken place, and some other food places, hahaa... can you guess which one's i usually frequent?
    anyway what times are we looking at? i'm good for anytime between 10am-3pm... ciao!
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Are you looking for more walking distance or short drive? I know a nice Turkish place not that far from downtown.
    What's the Turkish place, just out of interest?

Chuck

I'm ok with a drive....as long as there is nearby parking.
    FYI- I am by the old El Fenix which is 'near' the AA Center.

Quote Originally Posted by joe.MIATA
    I'm ok with a drive....as long as there is nearby parking.
    FYI- I am by the old El Fenix which is 'near' the AA Center.
    Actually, El Fenix would be a good place to meet... it has free parking.

Actually, El Fenix would be a good place to meet... it has free parking.
    For that matter, a few more blocks up Mckinney are plenty of places with free and abundant parking....Matito's- for example.

I work downtown several times a week. I'm always up for lunch. TABC is a favorite of mine (Thomas Avenue Beverage Company). If you want a little more adventure we could head South of the Trinity to Oak Cliff. Any of the Bishop Arts places, like Hatties, 411, Vittos, or my favorite, The Charco Broiler on Jefferson. Any place with a 20ft fiberglass cow on the roof is OK in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews2004
    I work downtown several times a week. I'm always up for lunch. TABC is a favorite of mine (Thomas Avenue Beverage Company).
    I'm there on occassion as well.....I like the deck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast