Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats you favorite kinda muscle car?

Chassis Designer

Default Whats you favorite kinda muscle car?

We're talkin 60's-70's American muscle here.. Whats your favorite? I know its kinda outa place in a Miata forum but oh well everyone loves the Classics
    1990 Red Turbo, Granbury TX..

427 Cobra
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

My brother has a '69 Buick GS (455 cu) + nitrous. That thing will pin you in the seat when it launches! I've always liked the late 60's Chevelle's body style too.

Last edited by sammm; 10-16-2005 at 05:53 PM.

Old school trans am cars, like Z28's, mustangs, AMX. . .
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I would sell every car I have for one like this:

1969 Dodge Charger...

My old man had one... and it was the first car I ever "drove" (I think I was 3 or 4 years old...)

'63 Corvette Grand Sport.

But, I wouldn't turn my nose up at a "run of the mill" '63 split-window coupe with the 4-speed and a 327 fuelie. Preferably dark green.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I like the early GTO's, and 68 and 69 RS and SS Chamero's..also the old Firebirds were sweet.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell

1969 Dodge Charger...

My old man had one... and it was the first car I ever "drove" (I think I was 3 or 4 years old...)
    ...with a 426 Hemi, of course :)

I don't think the Cobra and Vette are considered muscle cars, and the Stage I Buick was a baby compared to the Stage III. It's a realy tough choice for me, since I wanted them all abck then, but I think I would have to go with a Ford. One of these:
    1968 390 Mustange drag-pack
    1967 427 Fairlane XL 2-door hardtop
    1970 Boss Mustang (429 first, 302 second)
    1966 427 SOHC Galaxie XL
    1966 GT350 Mustang with the optional webbers (289cid/306hp)
    1964 Thunderbolt

Of course, all of these are WAY out of my league, so I'll take a '69 4-4-2
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

1969 Dodge Charger...

You beat me to it.

So many others to like too though. It's hard to pick just one.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

How about a nice 429 Cadillac with a Turbo HydraMatic 400 transmission and Posi Track rear end!

I'm a fan of the 442, I had one in my youth! Sweet car!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

A friend in high school had a 68 Mustang 390. Black - did it come in other colors? :)

It is still the most powerful car I ever drove and the fastest ride I've ever had on a public street. It was the first car I ever heard of that either required a special tool or partially pulling the engine to change spark plugs.

Another friend had a Super Bee. Great cruiser, but he rolled a tire off the rim following me out of a parking lot in my Dart. I've always preferred lighter cars.

Those were the good old days.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    A friend in high school had a 68 Mustang 390. Black - did it come in other colors? :)

It is still the most powerful car I ever drove and the fastest ride I've ever had on a public street. It was the first car I ever heard of that either required a special tool or partially pulling the engine to change spark plugs.
    Yes, they came in different colors...

My best friend back in high school had a '68 Mustang GT Convertable - nice rare car - in Lime Green Metallic. DAMN that car was fast! 390GT engine (higher compression than the standard 390) tied to a C6 transmission.

The car he had before that was a present from his grandfather, a '73 Ranchero with a 351 Cleveland tied to an FMX transmission. That truck was a sleeper and regularly smoked hopped up Novas and Camaros.

Thinking back on some of the crazy things we did as kids, I still wonder how we got through high school without killing ourselves.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

1970 GTO judge- i dont really like the front of the 69s.

I am going to go with the 1966 Mustang GT convertible that I once owned. I bought the car in 1987 when I was 14 for $2000. It had come from Michigan (read rust bucket) and had sat in a barn in California since the late 70s. We could have filled a 5 gallon bucket with all the mouse droppings that came out of it. My dad and I spent 2 years (and $8k of his money) restoring it. I drove it for about 4 months after turning 16, and then my Dads insurance guy asked for us to have it professionally appraised. My Dad flipped when it cam in at $20k, and said that there was no way a 16 year old kid was driving a $20k car. Since we had doubled our investment, he bought me out for double my investment. I went on may way with my $4k, and only got to drive the Mustang to the occasional car show.

My dad ended up selling the car about 5 years ago (without telling me) for $35k. I was in no position to have bought it back from him, but I went through the roof anyway. It is still a topic that is not discussed. My cousin started to bring up the car last x-mas and my Mom just about strangled him.

Pictures attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So now we know what topic number one is when we meet the old man, eh?
    Yeah... he used to be hooked on old cars and then he got into restoring old boats. He ran out of garage space and was spending a fortune on boat restorations, so he sold the Mustang along with a 1963 factory supercharged Studebaker Avanti. He still has a 1959 Corvette and a 1956 GMC Suburban pickup truck that we restored when I was little, and he just added a 61 Impala.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    I am going to go with the 1966 Mustang GT convertible that I once owned.
    What a beauty! I loved that color combo. It was so classy :)
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    What a beauty! I loved that color combo. It was so classy :)
    Yep... no big surprise that the 93 LE is the one Miata that I would have a hard time not buying if the chance at a nice one came up. I guess the color combo is burned into my brain.

My first car was a 1967 Mustang Coupe. I bought it from a neighbor when I was 15 for $1400, and rebuilt it with Dad. Sold it when I was 18 after high school, I think for $3500. I want it back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast