Thread: It's A-L-I-V-E!

Default It's A-L-I-V-E!

And boy is it LOUD!

Open header right now... hehehe... it idles.... but wants to die when I give it gas...

I think I'll double check for leaks in the air plenum and put the downtube on in case it just doesn't like the open exhaust manifold down there by the O2 sensor.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

It's nice to hear it's running....
    I don't remember what you were explaining in this picture but I know it must have been a good story.
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Thanks guys!

In that pic I was talking about how I almost creamed a Jeep on a right angle corner on the 3 Mountain Tour with the Arkansas Miata Club. I was totally blinded by the sun and suddenly it went behind the mountain just as I was on top of the corner... I slammed on the brakes, turned the wheel hard right... slid forward... under his rear corner... let off the brakes & it turned HARD right and just missed hitting him.

And yes, I did have to burn those underwear!

I found out why it wasn't running worth a crap... The timing is off by a mile. I set it roughly and it runs & revs fine.

For some reason the temp sensor & gas gauge are both dead... but the RPM & oil gauges are working fine.

I'll need to replace the slave cylinder. It's toast... and the bad part... the car is an early (6/89) model 90... which means it has a different slave cylinder and VatoZone doesn't have it.

I'll also need to find a couple of transmission bolts... it's missing 2 where the exhaust mount bolts in.

As soon as I can get the slave cylinder and put it on, I'm going to try driving it around the cul-de-sac. When that's successful, I'll drive it down, have an exhaust gasket & bolt put in on the front of the cat, and get it inspected.

Once that's done, the other exhaust goes on and the spare cat goes to 3Bean.

RJ

OK!

Oreilly's had the slave cylinder & a rebuild kit to rebuild the old one for a spare... I got it installed and borrowed the neighbor's kid to help me bleed the system.

I forgot that the driveshaft was disconnected! I put the car on jackstands at the back and put the driveshaft back in...

Now all I need to do is time it, fill up the tranny with oil (when you disconnect the drive shaft to tow the car home, all the oil goes out the back of the tranny!), install a passenger side turn signal housing, and get the exhaust bolt & seal down at the cat installed... and then it's ready for inspection!

Don't need a gas gauge or temp gauge for inspection Still have to track those gremlins down.

Still need a couple of transmission bolts and the bolt that holds the air duct to the bracket on the passenger side.

WOOOHOOO! It's gettin' DAMN close!

Once this part is done, it's on to the other tasks... Roll cage, seat/harness/steering wheel, hardtop, body work/paint, and suspension kit... It's only money, right?
    RJ