Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hankook Ventus R-S2

Default Hankook Ventus R-S2

So what is the best price on the Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212 in 195/50ZR-15's??

Discount shows them for $91.00 ea. at the Store and $71.00 ea for Discount Tire direct..

TIA

I would like to know aswell. Thanks.

I just bought my 215/45/16's from discount tire, but went in during a slow Tuesday and got them to match the online price due to free shipping . Onlinetire.com and edgeracing.com have them cheaper but charge shipping so they come out more. Ordering them from the store was nice because they then don't charge for the mount and balance. The only add on is the lifetime balance if you so desire. However here discount tires arent as popular yet as they are just starting so they were much more pliable on pricing.

I've ordered from Edgeracing.com twice and haven't had a problem. The pricing comes in about the same (within a few dollars) when you convince Discount to match their online pricing, but the advantage of ordering the tires from Edge is that you only pay sales tax on the mounting instead of the tires and mounting.

Like WRXmr2eater said, all you have to do is ask to get Discount to match the online pricing right now.

Why not 205-50s?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    Why not 205-50s?
    I'm not sure!?! Why would I want a 205 can't be that much of a difference could it??

What I have done in the past is to take the printouts from the price leader to discount, its always been a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I'm not sure!?! Why would I want a 205 can't be that much of a difference could it??

What I have done in the past is to take the printouts from the price leader to discount, its always been a good thing!
    I felt like it made a difference going from the 195 14" Azenis to the 205 15" Hankook. Not a great comparison, but I like the 205's. I guess an advantage of the 195 15" tire is the shorter sidewall and better diameter for acceleration, but I'm not sure what makes more of a difference.

They won't have a problem matching the price, the difference is in the sales tax.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

They won't have a problem matching the price, the difference is in the sales tax.
    Spoken like a true CB! But a very good point!

Wow Edgeracing does have a great price at $64.00 each, and shipping for 4 tires is $38.72 for a grand total of $294.72.......

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Wow Edgeracing does have a great price at $64.00 each, and shipping for 4 tires is $38.72 for a grand total of $294.72.......
    Told ya! Don't question a young CB in training. Don't bother trying to get Discount to match the price including taxes, I've already tried.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Don't bother trying to get Discount to match the price including taxes, I've already tried.
    I could get it.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    I could get it.
    The way of the CB comes with age.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Ok, so I should order them from edge racing and take them to DT where we get the good deal on mounting. I think that is 36 for 4. Right Sammm?

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Ok, so I should order them from edge racing and take them to DT where we get the good deal on mounting. I think that is 36 for 4. Right Sammm?
    Is there a particular DT you need to goto to get that price?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Is there a particular DT you need to goto to get that price?
    Yes!

Maybe no, Discount Direct is just $3.17 more a tire since discount is offering free shipping (I added Sales Tax) or $12.68 for the set this is on the 15" RS2. Then we have a fixed cost for installation.... hhhmmmm......

BTW. PM someone here for the details on the installation, since this is for MME folks not just anyone with Internet Explorer.

I looked at what the price is in the store. It doesnt compete. It was around $90 for each tire. Ofcourse this is an online quote, and not matching any prices. But I wonder if you could get the discount direct price in the store, since they usually charge you for shipping?

But I wonder if you could get the discount direct price in the store, since they usually charge you for shipping?
    Yes you can! Shipping is Free from discount direct and they add tax so you are good to go, at least that's the way it worked when I bought the RS2's for Vivid!

I bought mine from Discount, that was the cheapest way. Note, I used Discount on Camp Bowie in Ft Worth, and they took chunks out of my alloys taking off the balance weights
    "Get to Heaven half an hour before the devil knows your dead"

www.myspace.com/theelectrics

336 Mounted and balanced is what the guy just told me over the phone. That is 71 each + 5 each for mounting and balancing, and tax. 195/50-15

Just called and got mine on order from the Keller store this Morning!

$71.00 ea blah blah blah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast