Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lugnutjon got hit - car probably totalled

Default Lugnutjon got hit - car probably totalled

Jon got broadsided last night at an intersection (Harwood & Precinct Line for you Mid-Cities folks). Some ran the red light headed southbound on Precinct after having "a drink or two" and hit Jon's car in the passenger side at 40-50mph. pushed him from the far right westbound lane across six lanes of traffic - Jon ended up sitting near the curb in the eastbound right turn lane.

Jon is okay - he said his ribs are a little sore, and he's got some burn from the seatbelt. The car is a mess - airbags deployed, center console and dash broken, hardtop cracked in two, front right of the car demolished, motor/tranny leaking fluids. He doubts it will ever move under its own power again.

Y'all keep him in your prayers. Jon's had a tough year, and this hasn't made matters any better. Thank God he walked away from it.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

That sucks. Let him know everyone is thinking about him.

Prayers sent. Glad he's okay.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Glad to hear he's OK! Sorry about the car though.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Give him my best. Glad he was able to walk away. (He wanted a new car anyway, didn't he? )

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

We all wish him the best, and I'm praying for him.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Glad he is fine. Is anything going to happen to the loser who hit him? Was "a drink or two" enough for a dui?
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    Glad he is fine. Is anything going to happen to the loser who hit him? Was "a drink or two" enough for a dui?
    Unfortunately, no. Apparently the mental midget in the other car managed to hit the windshield with his head while using Jon's car as an arresting cable, so a field sobriety test was "inconclusive" due to potential head injury. Hurst PD - in their infinite wisdom - decided not to take a guy who had just run a red light, caused an accident, and admitted having "a drink or two" prior to the incident to the station for a breathalyzer test. I guess it would have cut into their speeding citation writing time. ers.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Glad Jon is doing OK, sucks about the car and Hurst dropping the ball.

Did the have insurance??

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    hit the windshield with his head
    probably did himself a favor
    Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    mental midget
    nice one, very creative
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Glad Jon is doing OK, sucks about the car and Hurst dropping the ball.

Did the have insurance??
    Yeah, thankfully.
    Iain

my condolences for the car, tell Jon im glad hes ok. i hope i never see that mental midget.

The important thing is Jon is still with us and walking. The car can be replaced. Sorry to hear about his loss anyways. These types of accidents scare the bejeezus out of me. Could have happened to anyone with no fault of their own.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Poor guy, yes, he's got prayers going his way. Needs to get driving again asap or the shock will make it hard to get back behind the wheel!

I cannot believe that the other guy walked! So they'll pluck me from a stream of traffic for doing 5 mph over the limit and fine me, but not do anything to some nut who has potentially been drinking excessively, runs a red light, and shunts someone across 6 lanes????
    "Get to Heaven half an hour before the devil knows your dead"

www.myspace.com/theelectrics

Glad to hear Jon is alright. Hate to hear that about his car and that the nut who hit him got just a ticket. Altiain let POS and I know if Jon needs anything.

As a drug and alcohol counselor, you can't believe the stories I hear daily about people who get away with everything you can imagine while drunk. I'm glad our guy is OK.
    My old 99' My new 99'
    Remember folks, street lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph. ~Jim Samuels

Glad to hear Jon's OK! Hope those ribs patch up quick!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Glad to hear Jon is OK, wish him a speedy recovery.
    Last edited by apex2apex; 02-16-2006 at 11:30 AM.
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

Altiain, please tell Jon that he is in our prayer and glad he is OK.

I wonder the hard top gave him an extra cushion on the hit. May be time to put mine back on.

Sammm, may be you need to pass on the info. on the A2K that you are "browsing" to Jon!
    Gabriel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast