Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Drivers

Default Stupid Drivers

Sorry, but I have to vent.

Those who know me know that I'm a pretty nice guy overall. Calm, don't get too excited about anything, blah blah blah.

Today I really wanted to rip someones esophagus out. And run over it.

My day started off crappy anyway, I went to bed around 7:45AM after work, then my brother woke me up around 12:45 saying that we had to clean the house because he had 15 friends on the way over (they're going on a trip). So I had to lurch out of bed after a rough night at work (horrible headache all night) and do my best to move all my RC airplanes (that I was working on) into the garage and do a bunch of little junk. Then the fun began.

I take my roommate to work because he's vehicle-less right now. The trip was uneventful at first, took him by Jack in the Box for lunch, then headed for the mall. He wanted an energy drink, so I stopped by the Shell station on Grapevine Mills Circle. This is where the first incident occurred:

1. As I stopped to turn into their entrance, I have to wait for traffic to clear. This MORON flies up behind me and slams on his brakes. The car in front of me finds a clear spot and makes it to the entrance, and I have to wait again for traffic to clear. And the guy behind me starts honking and throwing his hands up in the air. I'm like wtf? There was no chance I could have made it in the opening I had... at least safely. I take the next opportunity I can find, and he floors it and passes me while turning into the station! Just turned inside me and goes by! I purposely cut sharper than usual and missed his bumper by a few inches, then LAID on my dual CRI horns to let him know he was an idiot.

Level One: Mildly annoyed.

So we make it to the mall just fine, I drop him off, and he tells me he forgot his phone and tells me he'll pay me to go get it. He's my best friend, so naturally, sure I'll get it even though I really just want to go to bed.

Trip back uneventful.

Then the REAL fun begins.

2. Red light on the east end of Dallas Rd turning toward 26 on Texan Trail. A guy in a Mustang (or woman) is poking along to the red light with their left blinker on, and I'm crawling behind them... then we get to the light, I'm ready to follow them to the left, and then they slam on the brakes. And then turn their blinker off and go straight. While people are trying to turn. While I'm in the roadway behind them trying not to get hit by an 18-wheeler that was turning.

Level 1.5: Kinda annoyed

3. I turn onto Texan Trail behind a pickup and head toward 26, going about 50mph. Suddenly the pickup SLAMS on his brakes (I'm nearly sliding into him).... to pick up a guy walking by the road (friend??). And he just stops. After about 1.5 seconds I've had enough and squeal around him.

Level 2: Ticked

4. Finally on the mall's outer road. I think I'm safe. Nope.

Heading down the road with the flow of traffic (about 35mph-maybe 40)... suddenly a MORON in a white pickup pulls out RIGHT in front of me while I slam onto the brakes and lay on my horn. And he STOPS. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD! No, he didn't gas it and get across the road out of everybody's way, he has to STOP. Again, I floor it and go around him.

Level 3: Super pissed

5. Still on the outer road, same speed.

Gray pickup BACKS out into the road about 3 seconds later, right in front of me *sigh*. Again, lay on the horn and dodge away.

Level 4: Very...angry.... KILL

6. 2 seconds later, a woman in a minivan pulls out, again, RIGHT in front of me. You know the drill, brakes, horn, anger. I missed her by about 3 feet.

Level 5: Must... stop... murder feelings... eyes blurring....

I finally make it to the office, drop his phone, and calm down back to Level 3. At this point, when I'm this angry, many times things actually become funny to me because it's so ludicrous.

7. Pull back into the parking lot, turn blindly into a parking lane (truck blocking my view) and nearly get run over by a pickup that was on my side of the road. He gives me a dirty look. I call down the wrath of Kali on him. I'm not laughing.

Level 6: Shaking, hands twitching, keep grabbing for an imaginary AK-47 or RPG launcher. Thoughts of death and destruction. I want to go all apeshizzle on everybody.

All of this occurring in high wind, muggy weather, heavy dust, etc. I'm okay now

I rarely get like that but today was just REALLY sucky for me

I'm just glad I have a lot of self control, otherwise there would have been a few lightly damaged drivers side windows. With BLOOD ON THEM.

Okay, I'm alright now. Just had to get it out

This is my happy moment in my happy place!!

BTW, don't think ill of me because of this. I'm really a pretty nice guy. I swear.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Yeah, it's not a full moon but yet people are driving like

I was out for a little bit today and just went home. They were too nuts out there for my blood.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Sorry, to hear about all that. Its just that people that drive trucks mini vans and SUV's have their heads so far up their rear they aren't able to drive. So, its not really their fault that they feel they are the only ones on the road that matter, and if they are bigger you should just move out of their way and let them have their way. Your nicer than me though, I'd have given them a healthy brake check after cutting them off then blocked their way. =-D
    Blah blah blah!

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

people get wired when the weather changes, omfg theres dirt in the air we have the drive like it's the end of days. thats what it's like in miami every time there a hurricane coming. people go out and drive like the end is near, i never understood why.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

My mantra - People are idiots. Once you come to that realization everything else is easier.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    I take my roommate to work because he's vehicle-less right now.
    I hear BAM!'s sister is loaning out cars right now...

By the way, ever notice how someone in front of you always slams on the brakes in the turns, curves, or s's and then proceeds to "race" you to the next light, turn, etc.

Ugh
    ... I hate idiot drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by MiataMike View Post
    Sorry, to hear about all that. Its just that people that drive trucks mini vans and SUV's have their heads so far up their rear they aren't able to drive. So, its not really their fault that they feel they are the only ones on the road that matter, and if they are bigger you should just move out of their way and let them have their way. Your nicer than me though, I'd have given them a healthy brake check after cutting them off then blocked their way. =-D
    Excuse me?

I drive a full size Dodge Ram as a DD. I do not drive with my head up my ass or anyone else's for that matter. I am sick and tired of people bitchin and moanin about how bad people are in large vehicles. Yes there are a bunch of ass-hats out there in SUVs. But there are just as many running around in small cars cutting everyone off to shave 1/10 of a second off their daily commute. I don't know how many times I have had to slam on the brakes in my Ram cause some Honduh or other f#$&ing idiot in an econo box decided they wanted to be where the front of my truck was.

So be very careful about using generalities.

Moderator Moment - Just changing some language for the PG-13 crowd. - Bean
    Last edited by Treibenschnell; 02-24-2007 at 09:36 PM.

You ever notice how many of those idiots drive those cars with the slanted L?
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    Excuse me?

I drive a full size Dodge Ram as a DD. I do not drive with my head up my ass or anyone else's for that matter. I am sick and tired of people bitchin and moanin about how bad people are in large vehicles. Yes there are a bunch of ass-hats out there in SUVs. But there are just as many running around in small cars cutting everyone off to shave 1/10 of a second off their daily commute. I don't know how many times I have had to slam on the brakes in my Ram cause some Honduh or other f$#%ing idiot in an econo box decided they wanted to be where the front of my truck was.

So be very careful about using generalities.
    You sir need to also watch the generalizations, I drive a Toyota 4Runner as a DD. But I fully agree with the rest of your rant!

Mod Moment - Just fixin' the quote for PG-13 crowd. - Bean
    Last edited by Treibenschnell; 02-24-2007 at 09:38 PM.

Michael The Schmeckel Ted the Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    You sir need to also watch the generalizations, I drive a Toyota 4Runner as a DD. But I fully agree with the rest of your rant!
    I agree. No matter big or small vehices idiots are in abundance. I have seen semi drivers that drive like they are the only one on the road and I have seen mustangs honk and flip the bird because they didn't know how to merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    You ever notice how many of those idiots drive those cars with the slanted L?

Way Way too many of them. My wife and I have pretty much come to the conclusion that they give a free Labotomy with every purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    I do apologize.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    I do apologize.
    Yippie!

Just to some.
    I thought it was only Dallas Drivers that drove that way.
    The big joke in Cowtown when we see people driving down the shoulder we just say "oh their from Dallas"...

At least we know how to stop at
    We don't have camera lights yet.

I am just mess'n with you. They were driving like
    idiots here also today.

Some days it seems like everyone is out to intimidate the Miata's

Quote Originally Posted by general default View Post
    The problem is that today I was in the F150 and they were still driving like heads...

Michael The Schmeckel Ted the Red's Avatar

Just to some.
    The big joke in Cowtown when we see people driving down the shoulder we just say "oh their from Dallas"...

idiots here also today.

It am not too sure about the stopping at lights thing. I normally run through yellow lights to avoid being rearended by the guy behind me running the red light.... If you don't a lot times you get s horn sounded and a stupid look as if you did something wrong by stgopping on the yellow light.

Just to some.

idiots here also today.

Its getting worse, people run lights constantly on Bryant Irvin. I see 2-3 cars every day. The horrible traffic and stupidly timed lights dont help, but there is no excuse.

Wow Joel, what a suckfest of a day for you.
    Get some rest and hope for the best tomorrow.

All of this vehicular generalization immediately made me think of a recent editorial in the January issue of sport compact car magazine.

James Tate, the associate senior editor, discussed "Safer Cars. Same Drivers."
    He speaks of how the European method of receiving a driver's license is far more challenging and instructional than the process here in America. In America, it's far too easy to receive your driver's license and it takes very little time. Driver's respect the process and the law much more in Europe because a license requires 12 months of paperwork, testing and schooling, plus $3000.....if you pass.

So, blame the government.

You neglect to mention that they actually have a decent public transportation system over there so they don't all really need to drive.

You get outside the big cities and you are screwed... hell, you are screwed inside the big cities with mass transit anyway...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast