Thread: Picked out a VW Jetta VR6 for my Mom

Default Picked out a VW Jetta VR6 for my Mom

I got a pretty good deal on this 98 Jetta GLX VR6 for my mom.... it has 51K miles, heated leather seats, Automatic, Moonroof and a really clean interior... http://www.automotiveexpression.com/momsjetta.htm tell me what you think.... where can I get a decent window tint in uptown?

Chris

It looks good! What a nice son to get his mom a car!

As for tint I only know of a CB window tint place on Hwy. 10 in Hurst, they do any car for $89.00 or something like that, or less if you bring cash. I can't remember the name of the place right now....... Altiain knows a guy that does nice work if I remember correctly!

Call Tim the Tintman - 817-480-TINT (846. He's an old buddy of mine who has been tinting windows for years. He's done every car I had window tint on over the last decade, and he stands behind his work.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Default Re: Picked out a VW Jetta VR6 for my Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Kags1969
    I got a pretty good deal on this 98 Jetta GLX VR6 for my mom.... it has 51K miles, heated leather seats, Automatic, Moonroof and a really clean interior... http://www.automotiveexpression.com/momsjetta.htm tell me what you think.... where can I get a decent window tint in uptown?

Chris

Looks good. Do you know the guy who owns the miata next to it?? :P

Yeah, really. We hear that it is supercharged. We would like to meet him sometime and see some dyno numbers.

Default Re: Picked out a VW Jetta VR6 for my Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Do you know the guy who owns the miata next to it?? :P
    I do! I do! He has quite a car collection!

http://www.jickedoutbastards.com/

Although he needs to update his site it to show the newest addition to his collection a BRG & Tan Miata....... Hey Kags1969 do you still have all the cars listed on this site!

Very nice!

KAGS,

Do you want a box of 914 parts? If you had joined the board last November, I would have given you a 914 with a new 1.8 engine. I gave it to the SPCA.

Im always in for free parts.... I love 914's too. Who the heck is SPCA and why did you give the car away?
    Chris - 2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS
    2013 Red Miata Sport
    2006 Winning Blue Miata
    2000 Red Miata
    2011 Red Mazda2
    2015 Smart Electric

Hey did you deliver the VW to your mom? What did she think??

914. Charity donation. it had a new engine with webers, bursch exhaust, and lots of goodies, but it had rust. I decided to bail. It was a money pit. Also the Grassroots Motorsports series on their 914 convinced me that pros with unlimited budgets couldn't make one of those things run right. I trust my Miata to take us anywhere.

I have the original FI in a box, I think some headers. Weltmeister 110 lbs rear springs and some other random parts. trade for a 12 pack?

Sold! We can hook up on your time table!