Thread: MX-5 Cup

Blog Entries

Default MX-5 Cup

If anyone cares, the MX-5 Cup stuff is being shown with a little regularity on Mav.TV. Saturday they'll broadcast the Laguna Seca race. Wish I had it, but I get my bro to TiVo it and watch it there. I'll get him to buy a Miata yet.

Regards.

Wish I had that channel. . .
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Wow, didn't even know I had that channel available, dunno if it's worth $6/month. Anything else good on it?

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    Anything else good on it?
    There was that Motorsports Ranch Show on a few weeks ago, dunno what else comes on though
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Blog Entries

Alot of T & A if you're not married... if you are... wait until the wife is out of the house

J/K sweetie...honest.

I watch the Mav TV MX5 race on Saturday. It was a lot more interesting than the Nascar race yesterday!!
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I don't get that channel, never even heard of it. What TV service is it on? I'm on Dish, and I get 100 hours a week of low riders and antique auctions. Speed needs to change their name.

I listened to the NASCAR race on my radio while doing yard work. It sounded like the most dramatic race evah . . . until I took a break and watched part of it on TV while listening to PRN's announcers on the radio. Those guys have to be the most hyped up and creative announcers in the world! It was a hoot.

I've seen a couple of MX5 races live and they are great.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Mav TV is offered in HD on Verizon Fios. I love Fios TV. Even the non HD channels are crystal clear on my tube TVs.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Blog Entries

Not to highjack my own thread, but FiOS is nice except that after claiming no bandwidth issues with fiber optic TV, I still get a "skip" of a second or two every couple of minutes on most channels.

Regarding the Miata race, it didn't end up being Laguna Seca, but Road Atlanta. The race was crazy with plenty of folks off the track, especially at turn 5 I believe. Several cars dropped a wheel and basically got up on two wheels and went straight across the track into the wall on the other side. The biggest single pile-up took out about 5 cars. Plenty of position-swapping as well. Fun to watch.

Regards.

I was Vs. tv yesterday and watched part of a Miata Spec. race :) It was awesome. I want to watch more of it. I wish HULU carried races like that.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride