Thread: Kenny's Burger Joint in Frisco

Default Kenny's Burger Joint in Frisco

Thought I'd throw a recommendation out there for those craving a burger even better than Keller's...

Below is my review of Kenny's Burger Joint in Frisco. I went there with a couple of friends today...

I love a good burger, and I tend to be picky about it. I'm not ashamed to say it. I love sleazy goodness (Keller's) as much as I love gourmet perfection (Father's Office in Santa Monica). Kenny's has honestly nailed gourmet perfection to the ass of sleazy goodness. Pin the tail on the donkey, if you will.

The Frisco strip-mall location belies the goodness that lies inside. Walk right in, sit right down, and you're treated to a clean eatery that's very nice, but offers no frills except for framed movie quotes on the walls. Nice... A full bar is available, and flat screen TVs are present, but not distracting. If you wanna watch sports, you gotta go to the bar. Fair enough.

The menu is shockingly simple (yet comprehensive), with an assortment of sides/appetizers, burgers, ribs, and salads. But it only fills one side of one page. Period. Lots of burgers to choose from, including turkey and tuna, but beef is where it's at. Right?

To get things started, we ordered the bacon-wrapped jalapenos. Holy Sweet Jesus. First off, these bad boys are HUGE, and oh-so fresh. Somehow they manage to stuff them full of jack cheese without completely splitting them in two. Then they wrap them in bacon and grill 'em till the bacon is mostly crispy. These things are obscenely good. The peppers are sweet and spicy, the bacon is smoky, the cheese is suitably messy, and the dipping sauces (Ranch and BBQ) are damn-near perfect.

Oh yeah... we ordered burgers too...

The burger selection ranges from Plain-Jane to Starship-Phantasm, so I went mid-line with the Mushroom Burger. This burger makes me want to cry for joy, hoot my vuvuzela, dance a jig, then go back and collect the whole rest of the burger lineup. First off, the patty was cooked to perfection EXACTLY as I ordered it - medium rare. No fuss, no muss, no excuses, just pink and juicy and messy and bloody goodness - I ain't skeered. In fact, when I ordered "medium rare," the waiter actually gave a knowing nod and a subtle Wooderson "all right, all right, all riiiight." So right there that's four thumbs up. Moving on... The Mushroom Burger is topped with (you guessed it) very fresh sauteed mushrooms - earthy and rich and yummy. Cheese? Yes... melty, runny, buttery, rich BRIE cheese! Hell yes! And to think I actually toyed with the idea of the chili-cheese burger. Pffft. On top of that was the usual complement of unusually fresh lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickle. By the time I was done with my burger, I had cheesy-juicy goodness running down to my elbows. If I could've licked my forearms clean, I damn sure would have.

Alas, we come to the one shortcoming of Kenny's... their sorry-ass napkins. But, you know, that's it. I can't think of any other reason to bitch. I will definitely repeat the drive to the Great White North to delve deeper into their burger menu.

Re-reading this, I realize there may be too many superlatives here, but I was quite moved by Kenny's burgers. I'm putting it in my Pantheon of Great American Burgers. Yes, it was my first outing, but I can't think of one single reason not to return. Not to name names, but Kenny's stomps Twisted Root like a sack of helpless kittens...

Next time I'm bringing a roll of Brawny paper towels. Problem solved.
    Last edited by trickyrix; 07-11-2010 at 12:43 AM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Call me next time you go. I'll bring some towels.

Reading that actually made my mouth start watering. Burgers for breakfast sounds good right now.

Now I'm hungry. Oh hell I am always hungry.
    M3 is always the answer.

Tell us how you really feel Rick

So... is the food good? I don't think you made it clear...
    "The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value.
    Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I’m giving it five stars is because I can’t give it 14." - Jeremy Clarkson

'04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 #1682, Velocity Red born 3/17/2004 Habanero
    Hard Dog HCHTDD, 15x8 Silver 6UL, 225/45 Hankook RS3, Tein Flex, More coming soon...

Blog Entries

Where the hell is the "like" button? ... Oh yeah, this ain't facebook. Damn that sounds like some good eats.

That made me want stuffed jalapenos so much I got some at Bone Daddy's earlier
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

I haven't been there for a while, I think I ate there too much when it first opened. The mushroom swiss is good, but you need to try the steak bomb, it's basically a huge philly cheese steak sandwich, mmm.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Oh yeah, Kenny's is good food. Just make sure youbring your appetite. Huge portions.

Somebody else was just telling me about Kenny's. Sounds awesome.
    Oh, well I've got two sevens, and two sevens beats a frush.