Thread: Ultra Gauge

Default Ultra Gauge

Anyone got one of these? TCB Price and features have me intrigued.

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm

Nope, got Torque for Android with a bluetooth ODB-II adapter.
    http://torque-bhp.com/
    Looks like the same functionality.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

^+1. That's what I use and i'm out $15. TCB approved. Cheap enough for a trial run.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

I've got one. It's permanently mounted in my sons car. The factory fuel and temp gauges don't work so he uses that instead. It's actually got a lot of nice features for the permanent mount like we use it for. It has audible alarms that can be set for a lot of gauges (like if the engine coolant gets over a specified temp, etc). Seems to be fairly programmable.

Also have a bluetooth OBD-II adapter that Simon gave me and I downloaded Torque on my Android. Seems to work well also but haven't really had a lot of time to really play with it a lot yet. guess it just depends on what you want to do with it.
    90 Red NA
    91 Red NA
    99 Triple Black NB "Dimples"

I have an old Scangauge II permanently mounted in my gauge cluster that provides the same information, just not in as pretty a format. I like it because I can monitor real time information that is either not displayed on the gauge cluster (manifold temp, throttle position, voltage, engine load, etc.) or is displayed by an idiot light masquerading as a gauge (water temp).

What is it that you're looking for? I like having something like this in a track/autocross car so that I can see water temp (and in the RX-8 I could monitor cat converter temp as well), but I couldn't see the point of putting one in a daily driver unless the cluster was broken or I was trying to be a hypermiler.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Just trying to get more information than the 6 gauges on the dash give ya. I have on old school OBDII tester for codes but this looks likes the next level in a TCB (Team Cheap Bastard) approved package.

I was going to get a ScangaugeII but this comes quite a bit cheaper.

My Motorola DynaTAC is barely up to the task of being a cell phone but I may look at that option as well.

Plus now 75% of my fleet can now use some of this new fangled technology.

i too have the scangauge II that i bought over a year ago. the ultra gauge looks like a better deal all the way around. i like having the info i can get, but on some vehicles, the on board computer does not provide, so i was limited by the vehicle. doing it all over, i think i may spring for the bluetooth method and be able to leave one 'sender' in each car and pair when i want to get the info.
    95 r white

I have one of the ultragauges. Very happy with it. Has a temp gauge which was the biggest thing I wanted. It collects some 44 other gauges from my '97 & the display pages are quite fully programmable to show you what's important to you in one of several different layouts.

It also shows you the engine codes & will clear the CEL too.

One of the nicer features for me is the ability to set audible alarms for overtemp conditions (and also, I think almost any of the gauge data points it collects).